CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE 30/07/20
Due to current Covid-19 UK government restrictions, Walk the Trail staff are working remotely. We are experiencing a high volume of phone calls and emails, so please bear with us. We will try to respond to all emails as soon as possible.
- Interaction/contact between you and accommodation staff will be
minimal. Please understand, they are doing the best they possibly can,
whilst following the guidelines.
- Breakfasts may be served to you in your room
- Distance markers may be visible in public areas
CLEANING & HYGIENE
- Enhanced cleaning room cleaning will be taking place throughout your
- Your bag handles will be wiped daily with a mild disinfectant.
- You may be asked to wear masks during taxi journeys
- Please take the time to wash your hands and use hand sanitisers when
- Accommodations will ask you for your name, address and contact details
which are stored for 21 days for the purposes of track and trace.
- If you choose to eat inside a restaurant, you will also be asked for the
ADDITIONAL ITEMS TO PACK
Walk the Trail strongly advises you to take the following items with you
- Mask(s). If you need to use transport during your holiday, you will need
to wear a mask. This applies to both public transport and taxis.
- Hand Sanitiser. It is good practice to pack sanitiser and use it regularly if
touching surfaces such as gates and handles.
If accommodations have evening meals available, a table will be reserved for you onsite at 7pm. If you wish to change this time, pleas liaise directly with the accommodation ahead of your stay. If accommodations do not offer an evening meal, it is your responsibility to source local restaurants and pre-book tables.
We always say get your travel insurance as soon as you book, and this has never been more important. Normally it's because if you leave getting insurance until just before you travel, you're not covered for anything that happens before which could stop you travelling. Right now though, it's even more important. Insurance policies that will cover cancellations to official no-go COVID-19 areas will only pay out if you got the insurance BEFORE the country is ruled off-limits. The key trigger for travel insurance covering you cancelling your walking holiday is if the World Health Organisation (WHO) or UK Government advises "against all but essential travel", or the even more serious "against all travel" in the area in which you are due to visit or travel through. We suggest contacting your insurer to discuss any cover you may have.